I really love foundation, and love to try new ones all the time. This is not a trait the Mr. loves about me (eh hem, bank account), so I try to keep my purchases within reason. To do this, I try to justify each purchase as somehow unique from the others in my collection.This was not hard to do for the Dior Forever Flawless foundation, as I have never bought long-wear foundation before! I realize this is a little odd, as the wear is one of my biggest concerns about foundations, but I also have very dry skin, and I had thought that a long wear formula + my dry skin = most likely a hot mess of cakey/flakey awfulness. Wrong! The Dior Forever Flawless has absolutely blown me away. I have used it every single day since I got it (my poor Armani Luminous Silk is sitting unloved on my dressing table) and it has proven to be an incredible find.
The texture is great, slightly thicker than the Armani Luminous Silk and Tom Ford Traceless, but blends and spreads like a dream. I use two pumps to cover my face, and then sometimes take an extra pump on the areas that need it, like around my nose, under my eyes, and sometimes my chin. I find that this miraculously sinks into the skin to become absolutely imperceptible. Of course, walking around with a flawless face is not exactly going for a “natural” look, but for a fairly high coverage foundation I have never seem one that blends with the skin so beautifully. According to the Dior website, it is a new generation of fusion wear foundation, and to my absolute delight and surprise, it really does fuse somehow with the skin.
The wear is also incredible. Even with my dry skin, it never cakes or highlights my dry patches. In fact, while it dries to a skin like finish, there is no need to powder this foundation unless you want to, and it seems to keep my skin hydrated and protected. I wouldn’t call it a moisturizing foundation, but I certainly wouldn’t say it dehydrates the skin either, and it really does last all day. With Fashion Week I have been working really long hours, and this stuff stays put and looks pretty good by the time I get home at midnight. If you have oily skin I would guess you would need to powder at some point during the day, but I typically just need to freshen my concealer and blush before I leave for an evening event.
For this post, I think the pictures speak best for themselves. I have shown my bare skin, my skin with just the Dior Forever Flawless Foundation, then with concealer, and then the finished look. Since I was using Dior foundation and concealer, I thought I would use mostly Dior products so you could get a good look at the line. See what you think of my face by Dior!
Products I used:
- Dior Forever Flawless Foundation in shade 20
- Diorskin Nude Concealer in shade Ivory 001 (under my eyes)
- Dior SkinFlash Radiance Booster Pen in shade 002 (basically Dior’s version of the YSL Touche Eclat, I used this under my eyes, on my cupids bow, and under my brows)
- Dior Bronze in Honey Tan 002 (used to contour under my cheekbones, jaw, and around my temples)
- Dior Powder Blush in Peechy Keen 553 (on the apples of my cheeks)
- Dior 5 Couleur Eyeshadow Palette in Lifting Ivory 532 (I just used the lightest shimmery shade all over my lids and in the inner corners of my eyes)
- Dior Crayon Kohl eyeliner in Black 099 (along my top lashes, I used this to create a flick at the outer corners too)
- NARS eyeliner in Mambo (a rich chocolate brown, I used this over the black to create a little more depth. Side note: I just got the NARS Makeup Your Mind book and he uses this trick all the time, I really like it so far.)
- NARS eyeshadow duo in Alhambra (I mixed the gold and peachy shades and used them under my lower lash line for a little definition and color. Again, this is done on blue-eyed models throughout the NARS book so I am giving it a try.)
- Almay Triple Effect Mascara in Blackest Black (pretty much only on my top lashes, but I inevitably get some on the lower lashes in the process)
You may notice I hardly ever wear anything on my lips besides chapstick, which I am addicted to (Eos is my current favorite!) and I even more rarely do my brows. I am working to get better about doing both, but it’s an uphill battle. Let me know if you have suggestions of what would work for me or your favorite products!
No makeup at all. My skin is freshly moisturized with almond oil and Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream for Sensitive Skin.
Sorry the photo is a little out of focus, but this is with just two pumps of Dior Forever Flawless Foundation applied with my fingers evenly over my whole face.
A better photo of the foundation, plus my Diorskin Nude Concealer under my eyes and my Dior Radiance Booster pen under my eyes, on my cupids bow, and under my brows.
My finished weekend shopping look.
Thanks for the review! I was considering buying this foundation, but since it was pricey.. I needed to shop around. Will order it now!